Wednesday 8 June 2016

Our Trip To Eagle Acres Farm

What a day we had at the dairy farm!  Here are two stories written by a couple of our students.  They will give you a good idea of what we all thought of this experience...

"Oh my gosh!  You can't belive it!  If you never been to a dairy farm this is the right story for you!  And if you guessed this story is about a dairy farm... guess what...this story is more!  Alot more!!! I went to a farm called...Eagle Acres.  Eagle Acres is more than what it sounds like!  It's fun!  It's peaceful!  It's wonderful!  There was a farmer named Brian.  He had a wife named Erin, too.  The teached us how to milk a cow!  And guess what...I did it!  The cow I milked was named Bling.  There was a cow that can give 18.5 litres of milk in just 5 minutes!  Isn't that amazing?!!!? I know, right?!  One time, Brian gave us milk bottles.  And guess what?  All the baby goats were running and charging at us!  You want to go now?  I bet you do!

And...another impression of our day...

"Yesterday we went to the ...farm!  It's name was Eagle Acres farm.  We went in the early morning.  When we just got there we was a black spotted dog with white on it.  There were a guy and his name was Brian and there is a girl name Erin.  They told us the rules and we went to the thedther.  they showed us milking a cow but not with your hands they used a machine.  they put it undet it's tits and it was working.  It only takes 5 mins.  When it finish we still was in the thedther.  They told us how to milk a cow and finaly it was finish next we milt the cow. Bit we had to wait in line.  When it was finaly my turn I was too too happy.  First I pet the cow and I milked it.  It's tits were super warm.  It was a little furry.  Next we went and saw the animals.  We fead the cows and we play with the goats then we sat down on hay.  Brian gived us milk he open the goat pen and they came rushing super quick.  They sicked all the milk.  We gotta explore the place.  the place was huge!!  I went to see and play with the goat.  I liked the black spotted one that one was so adorabol!  Next I thot I would fed the cows again. The cows havs very fat and super long tonugs.  I really didn't know there were kittens.  The kittens weren't that big.  They were tiny.  That was the first time I'd feel a kitten!!  2nd last I went to the potbelly pig.  It's name is Hercules the potbelly pig was crusty and fat. The very last thing I did was play with the goats.  the very last is I dirnk chocoloate milk net we ate luch.  Finally we had a fres ice cream to end the day."

Welcome to Eagle Acres!

Sophie the dog greeted us as we got off the bus!

Our 1st "chore" on the farm was to make butter! We all took turns shaking the bottle of cream.

With everyone helping, the cream quickly turned into butter!  The liquid left over is called "buttermilk".  We didn't eat the butter - we left it for Sophie and the cats to enjoy!

The cows come in and get hooked up onto the milking machines.

This is R2D2..the robot that milks the cows!  

Here is Bling, patiently waiting for all of us to milk her!  She is enjoying some treats (grains and seeds).

And the milking begins!


Giving Bling a nice "pat".  Her tummy is SO warm!

Here is Bling!

After milking the cow, we went onto our next chore which was to feed the animals!


Sam, the baby calf is only 9 days old!

Meet Hercules, the Potbelly pig!

Feeding the baby goats was SO much fun!

The kittens with their mommy.